Sunday, February 2, 2014

Molly's Boiled fruit cake

My Aunty Molly was a great cook!  I remember Sunday lunches at her house always included wonderful cakes.  Here is her recipie for a boiled fruit cake.  I think she may have got it from a can of crushed pineapple.  

There is no indication as to the size of the can, but I guess it would have been around a cup or so. Also, the recipie is reproduced as it is written in my mothers cook book, so instructions are bare.


Boiled Fruit Cake

Rating : Moderate


Ingrediants & method:

1lb. mixed fruit
1 can crushed pineapple
1 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
1 teaspoon mixed spice,
4 oz bugger

Boil all these ingrediants for 3 minutes, cool.

Add 2 beaten eggs, 1 cup plain flur and 1 cup self raising flour.

Bake in moderate oven (160C) until a skewer comes out clean.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so feel free to leave some!