Saturday, January 18, 2014

Picnic Fruit Slice

I once thought I had lost this recipie and I was in a panic, as it is my stand-by for using up fruit that is past its best, and for any picnic we are going on.  Luckily it turned up filed incorrectly in my little box. 

I don't strictly apply the 1 cup of fruit rule, as I do use whatever I have, and particularly put apples or peaches on the top as a sort of topping.  Also, I often add coconut to the recipie, about 1/2 a cup.  It seems to be a very forgiving recipie in that regard.


Picnic Fruit Slice

Rating: Moderate  (but once you have made it - easy)

Ingredients:

1-1/2 cups Self Raising Flour
1 cup fruit
3 oz butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
vanilla
sherry.

Method

Cream butter, vanilla, sherry and sugar, add eggs one at a time.  Fold in Flour and fruit.
Bake in a lined slice tin at 350C until cooked.
.................................................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so feel free to leave some!