Thursday, July 23, 2026

Marmalade & Cake

 This cake is a combination of a recipe I had plus some additions of my own.  I usually only make marmalade once a year, give lots to my friends and keep some for us.  I make it out of blood oranges which have a lovely sweet and tart taste.  The secret is to boil it for a lot longer that you think it needs.  This year I made 3 kilos worth of oranges into marmalade and it took a total of 4 hours!  As a result I made this cake without the orange rind or essence as it did not need any more than the marmalade.  (Which was delicious, as was the cake!)


Marmalade Cake

Ingredients

125 g butter

2 teasp grated orange rind

1/4 teasp orange blossom essence

2 eggs

1/2 cup orange marmalade  + extra

1/2 cup desiccated coconut

1-1/2 cup SR flour

1/2 cup milk


Method

Pre heat oven 160C fan forced.  Grease and line a loaf pan.

Beat butter, rind and sugar until light and fluffy.  

Beat in eggs.

Fold in marmalade, pean then coconut, flour and milk.   Spread in loaf pan and bake for aprox 45 mins.

Spread with a little marmalade while hot. Cool on a rack.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so feel free to leave some!