Sunday, December 1, 2013

Lime and Coconut Pancakes

Put the lime in the coconut!
OH MY GOD! I made the most amazing pancakes ever. I was watching a Gordon Ramsey cooking show and he made pancakes with coconut, coconut milk, and then made a lime syrup. Serve with mango for an even bigger summer hit, or just squeeze some lime over the pancakes.
Fantastic. Just out of this world. I think pancakes will forever be made with coconut in our house.
For a fun song :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LxC3M-Yngs  Of course, would have tasted even better if I could have brought back some of that fantastic coconut syrup from Hawaii!
Aloha!

Rating: Easy 

First, make a syrup out of sugar, water, plus the  juice and rind of one lime. 
Taste to ensure you love it.
Serve this to pour over your pancakes
Simply make your usual pancake mixture  (I use the mixture from pancakes on the rocks) and add some coconut to the mixture. 
Make the pancakes on a griddle as you normally would.
Serve with the syrup.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so feel free to leave some!