Basically, this is a sweet white sauce, spiked with Amaretto and chocolate, so if you have a favourite recipie for the sweet white sauce, (I have a cornflour one!) just use it. It is not too sweet, and silky smooth.
I always add a splash of the liqueur at the end to enhance the flavour, and do not add the extra chocolate, but try the recipie as is first before adjusting to your own family tastes. Of course, this will be just as good with other liqueurs.
Chocolate Amaretti PuddingRating: Easy.
- 500mls warm milk
- 2 tablespoons castor sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour.
- 1 tablespoon Amaretto liqueur
- seeds from 1 vanilla pod
- 50 grams unsalted butter
- 100 grams chocolate.
- Place the first 3 ingredients into a saucepan on medium heat and whisk with a balloon whisk for about 3 minutes. Add the amaretto and vanilla pod. Turn down heat and add the butter and chopped chocolate. Add another 25 grams of chocolate if you desire.
- Stir with a spoon now until you see bubbles on the edges. Then take off the head and keep stirring for a few minutes. It will cool slightly and thicken.
- Pour into cups and serve with crushed Amaretti biscuits on the top.